10 A-Mazing Reasons You need to Eat Pumpkin (and guess who I met!?)
It was pretty cool because I got to meet some AMAZING people like Daymond John from Shark Tank (and founder of FUBU) and Sean Croxton from Undergroundwellness.com (who if you’ve been following me for a while you would know that I am a big fan!)
Since there’s no better time for pumpkin than right now, other than it’s deliciousness, I wanted to share how GREAT it actually is for you.
10 Reasons You Need to Eat Pumpkin!
1. Pumpkin is one of the foods recommended for weight loss and to help reduce cholesterol! It can also help with treating gastrointestinal disorders such as constipation, and indigestion. Pumpkin is loaded with fiber and it helps to lower the amount of bad cholesterol (LDL) and helps to regular blood sugar levels.
2. Pumpkin is super low in calories! In fact, 100 grams (about a half of a baked potato) is just 26 calories. It also has ZERO saturated fat or cholesterol.
3. Pumpkin is very rich in dietary fiber, anti-oxidants, minerals, and vitamins. It contains 246% of RDA of Vitamin A! Vitamin A is also essential for your vision and studies have shown that it can help to protect against lung and other cancers.
4. Pumpkin is also a great source of B vitamins which help with cell growth and help to support a healthy metabolism!
5. Pumpkin is a rich source of minerals like copper, calcium, and phosphorus.
6. Pumpkin is also helpful for reducing inflammation. Did you know that regular consumption of pumpkin can help protect you against arthritis and joint inflammation!? In fact, pumpkin seed oil has been found to be equally as efficient for arthritis as “indomethacin” (a commonly used drug).
7. Pumpkins have a light diuretic effect. This helps with flushing out toxins and other waste from your body, giving you more energy and leaving you feeling refreshed.
8. Pumpkin flesh also has something called L-tryptophan, which helps trigger feeling of happiness and well being. Eating pumpkin regurarly can help you to keep your spirits high and can help to prevent depression.
9. Eating pumpkin seeds will give you healthy and glowing skin (and who doesn’t want that!) It will also help to keep your skin hydrated and those wrinkles at bay. This is because it’s high in vitamin A, C, and E.
10. Pumpkins are loaded with Potassium and Zinc. Research has proven that diets rich in these minerals can help to prevent the onset of cardiovascular diseases and high blood pressure, help to improve bone density, and also boost your immune system!
Bonus #11: Plus, my favorite reason to eat pumpkin, is that it’s DELICIOUS!
Stay tuned for Wednesday when I’ll be sharing one of my FAVORITE pumpkin recipes!!
It’s a perfect dish for fall and you won’t want to miss it!
Have a great day