Crock Pot: Apple, Bacon, & Pecan Stuffed Pork Chops…
This recipe looks absolutely DELICIOUS and I will be making it for dinner tomorrow night
I found this recipe on a cool new site called PaleoPot.com, be sure to check it out!
- 4 large Grass-Fed Pork Chops (filet a pocket on 1 side for stuffing)
- 4 large Strips of Bacon (chopped)
- 2 med Granny Smith Apples (peeled & diced)
- 1 med head of Garlic (smashed & chopped)
- 1 cup Raw Unsalted Pecans
- 1 large sweet onion (sliced into half-rings)
- 1 lemon (for zest)
- 1 Tbsp Paprika (optional)
- 4-8 toothpicks
- Create a “pocket” in your pork for the stuffing, making sure not to puncture the back of the chop
- Place bacon in a frying pan and cook until they are about 80% cooked. Add diced apples, pecans, & garlic to the mix. Stir well. (Add paprika if desired) Cook until bacon is 95% cooked
- Remove mixture into a bowl with a slotted spoon, keeping bacon grease in the pan. Toss the onions in the bacon grease quickly (not cooking them) and remove from the stove.
- Stuff the chops with the Apple, Bacon, and Pecan mixture and secure with 1-2 toothpicks.
- Cover bottom of Crockpot with bacon grease and half of raw onions. Place chops (stuffing side facing up) into crockpot.
- Cover chops with remaining stuffing mix and rest of the onions.
- Cook on low heat for 8 hours in the crockpot.
- Serve Chops with zested lemon on top, and a quick squeeze of the lemon!
I am very excited to try this tomorrow….I’m going to make mine with either steamed broccoli or sautéed spinach.
For the original recipe, Click HERE!
I hope you enjoy it! If you try it, be sure to let me know how you like it!