Challenge of the Week 7/30: Make Your Own Lunch this Week
We can all get really busy at work and get into the bad habit of running out to eat and grabbing your lunch.
You might even have a regular place that you go to, but secretly know that it’s not the best food you can be eating.
But, what else can you do?
You don’t have any food and you need to eat!
So…this week’s Challenge of the week is to:
PACK YOUR OWN LUNCH every day this week (starting tomorrow)!
Not only will it save you a LOT of money from eating out, but you will know EXACTLY what is in the food you are eating.
You’ll even be amazed at how much extra energy you feel because you won’t be weighed down by oils or heavy carbs that are all too often found at restaurants.
Here are a couple of steps to make this Challenge Successful:
1. PLAN your week out in advance. (This doesn’t have to take long, but sit down and actually write it out.)
2. Go grocery shopping as soon as you can to get these items. Don’t leave it up to the universe to magically put the food in your fridge! Set yourself up for success and do the prep work.
3. If you can’t pack your lunch the morning you leave for work, make sure to pack it up the night before, so you can grab it and go!
Here are a few great Brown Bag lunch ideas:
- Salad with sliced turkey (dressing on the side)
- Left-overs from dinner the night before
- Greek Yogurt with a piece of fruit and fresh cut veggies
- Lettuce Wrap with sliced veggies & meat
AND….if you’re looking for something a little more fancy, you can check out Martha Stuart’s article of 50 Brown Bag Lunches to give you a few new ideas
Check it out here: Martha’s 50 Brown Bag Lunch Ideas
That’s it! Are you up for this Week’s Challenge!?
Leave a comment below if you ACCEPT!