NEW: Chicken & Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Sometimes it’s hard to make healthy comfort food. Most of the time, it’s weight down with heavy potatoes, pasta, oils, or creams.
Since we try to eat as CLEAN a diet as we can at Forte Fitness, here’s a great paleo-friendly recipe you can make at home that will taste GREAT and fill you up….
Chicken, Bacon, & Brussels Sprouts
- 2 Chicken Breasts (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts (quartered)
- 1 Sweet Potato (cubed)
- 4 Strips of Bacon (diced)
- 1 cup of Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350
- Add diced bacon to a skillet (or any oven safe skillet) over medium heat
- While bacon is cooking, cut chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and add to the pan to brown.
- When chicken is seared, add 1 cup of homemade chicken broth to pan.
- Add cubed sweet potato pieces & brussels sprouts (quartered)
- Add cayenne, salt & pepper. Stir.
- Put skillet into over for approx. 20-25 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender
- Plate it and Enjoy!