Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Ice Cream, Y-U-M!!!
Hope you are all having a great day!
My friend Erin shared this amazing looking recipe with me yesterday, and it looks DIVINE!
Since one of my weaknesses is ice cream, she lovingly shared this Paleo version of a Chocolate Almond Butter Ice Cream.
I can’t WAIT to try it!
So, here’s the recipe she found on MultiplyDelicious.com
Paleo Chocolate Almond Butter Ice Cream:
- 3 cups (2 cans) coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- Topping: Toasted Almond Slices, Banana Slices, & Dark Chocolate Chunks
- Warm the milk over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, then add the cacao powder, mashed banana, 4 ounce dark chocolate, sea salt, and coconut oil.
- Continue heating and whisking for another 5 minutes until the chocolate is melted and everything is incorporated. Make sure the mixture doesn’t boil.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a glass bowl. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the mixture, then refrigerate for 2 hours until the mixture has cooled completely.
- Stir in the vanilla extract, then using your ice cream maker place mixture in the bowl and follow the manufacturer’s instructions. When ice cream is almost finished, add almond butter to ice cream maker, and continue to process.
- Remove from ice cream bowl to an air-tight container and place in the freezer to set. Or if you like it soft serve right away.
- Serve with sliced banana and chopped almonds if desired. And then try your best not to eat the whole bowl!