Paleo Citrus Fish Tacos….simple awesomeness
Stay tuned for Friday because that will be the Weekend Warrior this week
Thank you so much for everyone’s wishes on Facebook and email yesterday…
That means so much to me and I am truly grateful to have each and every one of you in my life whether it’s as boot camper, client, family, friend, or as a reader of this blog.
You allow me to get up every day and live my mission, and I couldn’t imagine doing anything else!
Yesterday for my Birthday lunch, I wanted to try a new recipe for some Fish tacos because Keith LOVES them.
I made his on a tortilla and put mine in a cabbage leaf and it was AMAZING! Here’s the recipe:
Ingredients: (for the marinade)
- The juice squeezed from 2 large oranges
- the juice squeezed from 1/2 lime
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 Tilapia Fillets (cut into 1″ chunks)
Ingredients: (for the wraps)
- 6-8 Cabbage leaves
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Mix the orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, cumin, and salt in a bowl and combine well.
- Gently place the pieces of Tilapia into a large Ziploc bag and pour in the juice.
- Marinade for 2-4 hours in the refrigerator, flipping the bag over about half way through
- Next, heat some olive or coconut oil over a large skillet.
- When the pan is warm, add the Tilapia and cook for about 4-5 minutes on 1 side, then turning only once, finish cooking on the other side (about 8-9 minutes total)
- Then, simply prepare your tacos to your liking, adding the fish, pepper, onion, & mango! (be creative and add anything else you think may taste great on there!)
It’s very refreshing and absolutely DELICIOUS! Once you get the marinade in the fridge, it will only take you about 10 minutes to prepare them
Enjoy, and don’t forget to let me know when you try them!